- RSS Channel Showcase 9042678
- RSS Channel Showcase 7293343
- RSS Channel Showcase 1896063
- RSS Channel Showcase 3261027
Articles on this Page
- 10/26/13--09:01: _Roy Buchanan Inspir...
- 10/29/13--09:29: _Tony Iommi (Black S...
- 11/01/13--10:07: _Tony Iommi (Black S...
- 11/04/13--10:12: _Billy Gibbons (ZZ T...
- 11/07/13--10:36: _Billy Gibbons (ZZ T...
- 11/18/13--10:05: _Ask Riff Ninja Your...
- 10/10/13--09:05: _How to Change Chord...
- 12/23/13--15:41: _Guitar Modes De-Mys...
- 02/18/14--14:30: _Vote For Our T-Shir...
- 04/11/14--09:23: _Interview: The Ulti...
- 07/16/14--08:36: _How to Setup A Slid...
- 02/10/17--02:22: _Boost Your Songwrit...
- 07/19/17--05:22: _Sunshine Of Your Lo...
- 07/21/17--02:18: _Sunshine Of Your Lo...
- 07/21/17--04:31: _Sunshine Of Your Lo...
- 10/19/17--07:49: _5 Cool Power Chord ...
- 10/22/17--16:35: _2 Cool Double Note ...
- 10/26/17--15:53: _Learn To Play Guita...
- 11/01/17--16:10: _Learn To Play Guita...
- 11/06/17--14:34: _What do you want to...
- 10/26/13--09:01: Roy Buchanan Inspired Guitar Licks #2
- 10/29/13--09:29: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) Inspired Guitar Licks #1
- 11/01/13--10:07: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) Inspired Guitar Licks #2
- 11/04/13--10:12: Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) Inspired Guitar Licks #1
- 11/07/13--10:36: Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) Inspired Guitar Licks #2
- 11/18/13--10:05: Ask Riff Ninja Your Guitar Question!
- 10/10/13--09:05: How to Change Chord Shapes Quickly
- 12/23/13--15:41: Guitar Modes De-Mystified
- 02/18/14--14:30: Vote For Our T-Shirt Slogan
- 04/11/14--09:23: Interview: The Ultimate Blues Course
- 07/16/14--08:36: How to Setup A Slide Guitar
- 02/10/17--02:22: Boost Your Songwriting (Part 1 of 4)
- 07/19/17--05:22: Sunshine Of Your Love (Part 1)
- 07/21/17--02:18: Sunshine Of Your Love (Part 2)
- 07/21/17--04:31: Sunshine Of Your Love (Part 3)
- 10/19/17--07:49: 5 Cool Power Chord Intro Riffs
- 10/22/17--16:35: 2 Cool Double Note Intro Riffs
- 10/26/17--15:53: Learn To Play Guitar FREE COURSE (1/4)
- 11/01/17--16:10: Learn To Play Guitar FREE COURSE (2/4)
- 11/06/17--14:34: What do you want to learn next?
This lesson will teach you how to bend your strings like Roy Buchanan used to. The first thing you have to know is that a true bend is just taking a note from the scale and stretching your string up to the next note in the scale. This is why it is imperative to know […]
This lesson is going to look at and analyze the style of Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath. A great way to learn is to steal ideas, but create your own riffs. In Tony’s autobiography, he calls himself a self-professed heavy metal blues guitarist. He said that Black Sabbath started as more of a heavy blues […]
Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath has influenced a lot of people with his guitar playing. He’s a father of heavy metal who likes to use his blues scales. How do you make the blues sound heavy? One of the scales that Tony uses quite a bit is a root 6 pentatonic minor climb. This is […]
You wanna learn something about the Reverend Billy from ZZ Top? Well, you’ve come to the right place. What a fabulous guitar player! Billy is a blue’s guitarist. There’s one lick he’s done a lot of different times, so that is a good place to start. Start with the A pentatonic minor scale. When you […]
Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top is a great blues player. Usually he’s not a speed demon, but more of a tasteful player. He’s responsible for a lot of texas blues and classic rock n roll tunes. This lesson will take a closer look at one of his licks that has influenced a lot of players. […]
Alright guys, we’re getting set to do another round of YouTube videos here at the studio, and we thought why not ask YOU for ideas on what we should cover next? So here’s the deal – ask us your guitar – related questions in the comments below, and we’ll do our best to address them […]
This is a lesson on how to change chord shapes quickly. There’s lot of things you can do to improve your speed – sometimes you just have to change your approach. This lesson is going to use G, C, and D as an example. It’s not that hard to improve on your chords. One thing […]
A lot of people have questions about modes on the guitar… well, in this lesson we’re going to take a look at exactly what a mode is. For starters, the issue is often confused because rather than truly explain what modes are, the teacher will begin by teaching a whole bunch of different scale patterns, […]
We’ve had a few requests for Riff Ninja “swag” like t-shirts and other cool things that members can wear. Well, we’re just about ready to take our first plunge into that, and we thought the coolest way to do that would be to get YOU involved in choosing the design! So, we’ve come up with […]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrtzcvVvfco Click here to learn more about the Ultimate Blues Course It’s Time To Learn The Blues! Colin and I (Jonathan) started working on a blues course way back in 2011… and only now is it finally coming to fruition. Along the way we learned a ton about lots of stuff related to creating courses, […]
There are a few things on your guitar that you want to adjust differently when you’re playing slide, so in this lesson we’re going to look at how to setup a slide guitar. When you’re playing slide guitar, you definitely want to have the strings a little higher than you would on a normal guitar. […]
Songwriting is something many guitar players aspire to, but few ever take the leap. In this series, we’re going to pull back the veil on a few different strategies you can use to create great-sounding chord progressions. That gets you partway at least… we’ll leave the lyrics and melody up to you! In the first […]
Eric Clapton’s band Cream played some really cool songs in their day, and Sunshine of Your Love is one of them. In this video we’ll look at the D pentatonic minor scale needed to play the riff in Sunshine of Your Love, as well as the chromatic passing note that is important to it, and […]
In the first lesson we learned the basic guitar riff and chords for Sunshine Of Your Love, and in this lesson we’re going to beef up that riff, give it some different color, and give you some different options on how you can play it. We’re adding major and minor thirds, and they sound COOL! […]
This is the last guitar lesson in our series on Cream’s Sunshine Of Your Love. Eric Clapton did some really cool guitar work on that song, but if you do your research, you’ll find that he plays the song a little differently every time he plays it. That especially is true of the solos. In […]
Here are some great, iconic riffs that are based on power chords. 1. Iron Man – Black Sabbath We’re in the key of B-Minor, and we’re using power chords. If you choose to play using the fifth string and the fourth string, then start on the second fret on the B. From there you jump three […]
Today we have these two cool double note intro riffs. Brown Eyed Girl Intro – Starting at 12th fret 2nd and 3rd string. For the next interval, 2nd finger is on 2nd string 13th fret, 3rd finger is on the 3rd string 14th fret. It goes major third, minor third, minor third, back down and […]
Welcome the first of our series of four lessons to help you learn how to play guitar! We’ll play 3 really important chords in D-major. You have to know there are 3 primary chords that sound good together. Now we’ll start with the key of D. The 3 chords for the key of D are […]
In today’s video we will teach you how to play guitar, second part. We’ll start with Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down. The first song uses 3 out of the 4 chords that we learned in the first video. It’s about getting the chord changes on time. It starts in the B-minor. You can play simple […]
We’re planning out our roadmap for the next little while, and we want to create guitar lessons that help you get where you want to be. Would you help us out? Simply vote in the poll, AND either comment or email us your ideas. We really appreciate your help! We’re considering doing a course that […]